About this training course
Course duration: 3 hours
Training delivered: Closed course only, face-to-face or live webinar
This fun and engaging communication course has been designed to help people gain an understanding of how and why we communicate and the impact poor communication can have on a person with learning disabilities. You will also look at the “Developing the five good communication standards” as set out by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists. The session is rounded up with a talk by a family member of a person with learning disabilities and autism to help gain their perspective.
Topics covered include:
- Exploration of what, why and how we communicate
- Explanation of the benefits of effective/total communication
- Understanding the implications of poor communication
- Developing the five good communication standards as set out by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Understanding the application of a variety of communication aids
- Create continued support for people with communication difficulties, improving communication skills and promoting positive behaviour
On successful completion of the course you will receive an Orchard Trust Training certificate of attendance.