This all day accredited Emergency First Aid at Work course is delivered by occupationally skilled trainers. You can expect to learn how to manage a variety of first aid incidents such as minor cuts, burns, seizures and choking, and when and how to call for an ambulance. You will learn and practice performing a primary survey and CPR as well as using an AED. You will be assessed with practical demonstrations throughout the day, and a short multiple choice quiz at the end.
It is a workplace’s duty to ensure that there are trained first aid staff to deal with any accidents that happen. Once trained the first aider will have the skills and confidence to deal with emergency situations that may arise, and may even help to save a life.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a Qualsafe Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work.
Please note, participants who attend this course need to be physically fit and able to complete practical assessments, which may include kneeling down to give CPR and placing a casualty into the recovery position. All safety precautions will be taken to promote an infection-free learning environment.
This course introduces candidates to:
- Your role and responsibilities as a first aider
- The legal requirements for first aid provision
- The importance of accurate incident reporting
- First aid equipment and its safe use
- The need to minimise the risk of infection
- The importance of assessing an incident
- Undertaking a primary survey
- When and how to call for help