This essential course for anyone working in a care setting follows the course designed and distributed by Gloucestershire County Council, and is delivered by an approved trainer.
In this course you will learn about the 5 principles of the Mental Capacity Act, how capacity is assessed, what Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards are, and what might be a Deprivation of Liberty. You will find out about your responsibilities and who you can speak to for advice and more information.
The course covers:
- The five main principles of the Mental Capacity Act
- How mental capacity is assessed
- Why the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards were introduced
- Identifying what might constitute a potential deprivation of liberty
- How the DoLS process works
- Your responsibilities under the Mental Capacity Act (2005)
- Who to speak to for advice and information
You should complete a Level 1 MCA/DoLs course before attending Level 2. If you work in Gloucestershire you can complete the GCC MCA and DoLs e-learning module via Learn Pro.