Safe Use of Medication is an essential course for anyone working in Health and Social Care who is prompting, assisting or administering medication to clients. In this course, amongst other things, you will learn about the legislation relevant to the safe handling of medication, common types of medication and their uses, side effects and contraindication, plus techniques to ensure the safe administration of medications.
This long half day course covers:
- Understand legislation, policy and procedures relevant to administration of medication
- Know about common types of medication and their uses, side effects and contraindications.
- Understand procedures and techniques for the administration of medication
- Be able to prepare for the administration of medication
- Be able to monitor individuals’ medication